CFD Simulation Engineer
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, you will work in the Computational Methods Group (CMG) in Driving Performance & Aero Test Department as a Person In Charge (PIC) doing spec setting and full vehicle aerodynamic simulation
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day will include:
- Responsible for building, solving, and analyzing full vehicle CFD simulation models for aero and/or thermal simulation, which includes: retrieve and prepare CAD parts for CFD simulation modelling; clean, mesh and separate geometry for proper CFD simulation volume meshing; perform CFD activities planning (attend meetings and create schedules) and perform CFD activities planning (attend meetings and create schedules).
- Utilize OpenFOAM and/or Star-CCM+ for simulation to perform project- or research-based CFD/thermal simulation and analysis.
- Run full vehicle simulation models, and make reports on CFD analysis and make presentations in meetings.
- Occasional test support such as vehicle setup/preparation, wind tunnel/coast-down testing, and field test activities
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda, you must have:
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent).
- 3 years of working aerodynamics and/or thermal management simulation experience in the automotive industry
- Understanding and prior use of CFD software/methods
Knowledge and Skills
- Developing Self and Others
- Communicating with Impact and Influence
- Creating Teamwork and Valuing Relationships
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving & decision Making
- Critical / Innovative Thinking
- Planning & Organization
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Competitive Base Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Bonus Program
- 401K Program
- Honda Product Programs
- Company Car Program
- Relocation (must meet eligibility requirements)
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.