We're united by a mission: to make the world a safer place. Corvus Insurance uses novel data and artificial intelligence/machine learning to achieve better insights into commercial insurance risk. Our software empowers brokers and policyholders to better predict and prevent complex claims through data-driven tools and Smart Commercial Insurance® policies. This allows us to reduce or eliminate the impact of adverse events, creating a safer world for everyone. Drawing inspiration from the intelligent, tool-building corvid family of birds, we are a team of high-flying collaborative builders. We're excited to meet you. Spread your wings, and soar with us.
Looking for a company that embraces new technology? Are you interested in Elixir, the Erlang VM, or Elm? Would you like to be an early part of a company with lots of growth potential? Corvus Insurance seeks a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our early stage technology team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building software systems that create actionable data for our users. Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for shipping high-quality, production-ready code
- You will write GraphQL APIs and backend services in Elixir using Phoenix and Absinthe
- You will write user interfaces in Elm and Sass
- You will work closely with designers and product managers to understand the problems of our end users (insurance brokers, insurance buyers, and Corvus staff)
- You will participate in customer interviews and user testing
- You will review Pull Requests
- You will actively seek to be a better engineer and help others get better
- 3-5 years of experience developing and deploying advanced web based applications and services into staging and production environments.
- Experience developing and deploying advanced web based applications and services into staging and production environments
- Desire to immerse yourself in functional languages: Elixir and Elm
- You write readable, quality code and make sure your tests are green before merging into the main branch; you provide code reviews for your fellow team members
- You appreciate Devops (Ansible, Puppet, Docker, etc) and the massive scalability provided by cloud computing and Amazon EC2
- You're comfortable working at an early stage startup and are ready to build a greenfield system (no legacy codebase).You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can soar. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!