Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detectionJob Description
The successful Software Engineer II
candidate will join an interdisciplinary team working with an unprecedented set of clinical DNA whole genome and exome sequence data and multiple epigenetic data types produced by novel R&D pipelines at Guardant Health. The scope of this project provides unique opportunities for developing and learning novel analytical methods for DNA sequencing data, including cell free DNA-based transcript expression and methylation data integrated with epigenetic data sets.
This individual will work with software engineers, bioinformatics scientists, assay developers, and project leaders to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments and the correct installation on production systems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Implement algorithm software pertain to classification and analysis of anomalies related to early indication of cancer.
- Conduct software design reviews, communicates results through presentations and project reports as well as scientific publications.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Tend to non-routine analysis problems, applying deep epigenetic knowledge to conduct end-to-end analysis of epigenetic cell free nucleic acid NGS data.
- Leads other scientists and engineers for research activities
- Provide analytic support on individual samples and research activities.
- Provide analytic support to CLIA and CAP regulated clinical operations.
- Explore genomic data from clinical patients and external annotation sources to enhance quality of reporting.
- Develop scripts for research and development activities.
- BS. or higher agree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science. Equivalent industry experience accepted.
- 4+ Years industry experience including experience with a programming language such as R and Python.
- Deep understanding with next generation sequencing data analysis (DNA, RNA, or epigenetic analysis). Experience with modern tools and pipelines in genomics for processing and analysis of primary data, including somatic and structural variant calling.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions.
Experience in one or more of the following is a plus:
• Hands on knowledge of docker applications and CI tools such as Jenkins.
• Proficient in Linux base environment and Bash scripting.
• Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA).Additional InformationCovid Vaccination Policy:Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant's COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws.Anemployee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment.Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment.Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/