Genomics Product Manager
The Genomics Product Manager will be responsible for guiding a cross-functional team in the generation of new and/or existing molecular laboratory service offerings by creating and implementing product/portfolio roadmaps and managing the lifecycle of the product. The Genomics Product Manager will communicate effectively with technology and pharma partners to gather insights and requirements that inform product development/lifecycle decisions, and to disseminate product/portfolio features, availability and roadmaps. The Genomics Product Manager will work closely with key internal stakeholders including assay development scientists, bioinformaticists, software engineers, operational leads, marketing managers and program managers, to develop product requirements, product launch schedules (both domestic and international), capabilities slide decks, whitepapers, and other product literature. The Genomics Product Manager will liaise with the commercial team, acting as a subject matter expert and participating in customer visits, tradeshow events, and business reviews.
The ideal candidate will have exemplary oral and written communication skills, the ability to influence cross-functional teams without direct reporting lines and demonstrated technical mastery in the field(s) of molecular biology, oncology, immunology, and/or human genetics.
• Accountable for the scientific integrity and scientific oversight of the product/portfolio.
• Leads the development and implementation of product/portfolio roadmaps.
• Responsible for leading steering committee meetings on product implementation strategy with senior management and other key stakeholders.
• Forges strong relationships with technology partners and clients to gain insights on new and existing product features and drives strategic portfolio growth.
• Develops product requirements to align with voice of customer and business objectives and effectively communicates implementation strategy with cross-functional teams.
• Works closely with program manager and project teams to drive cohesiveness on program objectives, timelines and messaging to key internal and external stakeholders.
• Works closely with internal development leads to review technical milestones and develop materials suitable to support internal and external communications to various stakeholders.
• Collaborates with the technical and business teams to develop pricing strategies and marketing materials to support the product/portfolio.
• Leads development of go-to-market strategies for assigned service offerings and product lines.
• Participates in the request for proposals (RFP) process by contributing to proposal and budget development, as applicable within their area of responsibility.
• Leads by example in following all policies, procedures as required and proactively identifies and remedies problems.
• Maintains awareness of industry standards and regulations and how they relate to internal policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Technical acumen in the field(s) of molecular biology, oncology, immunology, and/or human genetics.
• Self-motivated team player with exemplary oral and written communication skills and strong organizational and planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize, and convey complex information clearly and concisely while adjusting communication to the audience.
• Ability to lead in a matrix organizational structure and align others around a recommended course of action.
• Comfortable making decisions and embracing change.
• Ability to drive problem solving activities within the product team.
• Solid understanding of GCP, CLIA, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements that may impact product development.
• Working knowledge of risk management concepts and ability to apply them to product management.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Product management knowledge or expertise preferred, but not required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• PhD Degree with minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience, or MS Degree with minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience in molecular biology, oncology, immunology, human genetics, or related field.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status