Cigna, a leading Health Services company, is looking for a strong Software Engineer to support our PBM Technology and Design organization. The Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a Full Stack Engineer, among others, is ownership & accountability.
In addition to Development, the Software Engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.Experience of a Software Engineer:
Software Engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge engineers - not institutionalized developers.Key Characteristics:
- Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
- Write referenceable & modular code
- Design and architect the solution independently
- Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
- Have a passion to learn
- Follow the direction given by the Tech lead and implement the code
- Take ownership and accountability
- Understands when to automate and when not to
- Have a desire to simplify
- Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
- 5+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
- 5+ years of working in an object-oriented language: Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language
- 3+ years in Web development frameworks like Springboot, or React, Angular, and TDD framework
- 2+ years of database - Oracle, Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with Git/SVN
- Prior experience with Cloud technologies a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment (Jenkins and Helms experience a plus)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information is plus
- Bachelor's Degree required or the equivalence of education and professional experience
This role is WAH/Flex, which allows most work to be performed at home. WAH/Flex employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they choose to come onsite or if required to periodically come on site.About Evernorth
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation's health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We're building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you'll be empowered to solve the problems others don't, won't or can't. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.