We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.comJob Description Job Overview
The Relationship Manager position is accountable to grow direct revenue for the organization; to retain client relationships through high touch service; and to grow the business within a targeted high net worth client group in accordance with the investment objectives of the individual clients, and the investment policies and strategies of the organization. The incumbent is responsible to build the client base through networking, community involvement and strong relationship management.Responsibilities:
- Manage client relationships and the portfolio to maximize client retention and grow the business in accordance with the investment objectives of the individual clients, and the investment policies and strategies of the organization.
- Build and enhance the portfolio by acquiring new clients who have sophisticated financial needs, are people of influence or who require complex financial solutions through appropriate business development activities. This includes working in collaboration with the Business Development Officer and establishing a high and positive profile within the market.
- Ensure profitability of the business by supporting revenue achievement, controlling expenses, reviewing profit performance and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Demonstrate behaviors that delivers an exceptional service culture, supports partnering behavior, and capitalizes on individuals' expertise and knowledge of investment and wealth advisory services to provide "best in class" service and overall relationship management to high net worth clients.
- Support business development efforts and client servicing by actively participating in client events.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships and teamwork to ensure a level of service delivery that is professional, seamless and timely.
- Ensure appropriate operational and compliance risk controls are implemented and managed in accordance with requirements.
- Bachelor degree and/or MBA, CFA
- 10 + years in investment management
- Relationship management skills and investment credibility required to make persuasive recommendations to sophisticated, knowledgeable and high net-worth clients
- Ability to establish productive relationships between various internal leaders and specialists
- Business development skills required to identify opportunities from external contacts and existing clients
- Developed sense of judgment, professionalism and service orientation
- Developed investment knowledge and expertise and strong understanding of markets sufficient to respond to inquiries from sophisticated and knowledgeable high net-worth client
- Good knowledge of investment and wealth advisory products and services
- Effective communicator with credibility; writing skills sufficient to prepare professional proposals and presentations
Risk & Compliance
- Strong financial analysis skills sufficient to provide expert advice on complex, unique and high value deals
- Sound operations, regulatory and risk management knowledge
Our CIBC risk culture is based on employees striving to exceed the expectations of ourselves and our leadership's identification and mitigation of risks in their daily responsibilities, not just in quarterly or annual monitoring/assessments. We all are accountable for managing risk.
As an employee of CIBC the incumbent must conduct themselves (and foster an environment for others) in a manner consistent with our strong risk culture. This includes:
What you need to know
- Following all aspects of the CIBC Code of Conduct, as well as all applicable CIBC policies, frameworks, guidelines, processes and controls
- At all times acting in accordance with our Purpose and shared values, to achieve our Bank's strategic goals
- Understanding and following the qualitative and quantitative components of our Risk Appetite Statements
- Completing all annual Corporate Mandatory Training and Testing modules, as well as any additional business-specific modules, as required and employing the learnings in daily activities and undertakings
- Escalating matters through one of the appropriate channels identified in the CIBC Code of Conduct (i.e., HR, management, Ethics Hotline, Whistleblower, etc.) upon observing activities that may be inconsistent with CIBC's policies, frameworks, guidelines, processes and controls
- Speaking up if witnessing behaviors that drive poor or unfair outcomes for clients, team members or other stakeholders
- Escalating matters that can result in adverse market practices and outcomes, thereby negatively impacting CIBC's reputation as a leading financial institution
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
TX-111 Congress Ave, Suite 1830Employment Type
Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Retentions, Customer Service, Identifying Sales Opportunities, Investments