Flatirons Solutions - Technical Writer - Aerospace Technical Publications
Opening for Technical Writer- ATP with Flatirons Solutions Chennai
- Flatirons Solutions is hiring Technical Writer for our Aerospace Technical Publications team in Chennai, India. Join us as we employ world-class practices to solve complex Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) problems in some of the most interesting problem spaces in the industry today.
- Our solutions and services are used in a wide range of functions within these organizations and include technical engineering order management, documentation authoring and publishing, flight operations manuals, data archiving, and other workflows, documentation, and maintenance products.
- Flatirons India is recognized as one of the best medium-sized companies to work for in 2020 and 2021 by the Great Place to Work- Write procedures and technical documentation for fulfill customers; applicable writing specifications: technical accuracy is compulsory.
- Revise technical content of existing manuals specified by engineering specifications.
- Coordinate all phases of the manual processes, from source data, organizing and interpreting content, ordering art and incorporating the parts list.
- Reviews manufacturer's drawings, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, schematics, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
Other duties may be assigned:
- Written Communication ; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information. Capable of writing detailed theory of operation.
- Adaptability ; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability ; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality ; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity ; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase B.E (Aeronautical/Mechanical)/AME
- 2 to 12 years experience in Aerospace Technical publications and S1000D, ATA2200 specifications.
- Experience in Engine Manuals (EM/EMM/CR/CIR etc.), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals is preferred.
- Previous use and/or knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker, Quicksilver, and/or Arbortext Editor required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, technical manuals, illustrated parts lists, and schematics.
- Ability to write technical manuals, procedure manuals, and service bulletins.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, team members, and customers.
- Familiar with rules and usage of ASD STE 100.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form..
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in one or more of the following applications: MS Word, FrameMaker, SGML based desktop publishing software.
- Flatirons Offers
- An exciting job in a global atmosphere working with state-of-the-art technology, talented, dedicated, and experienced colleagues, and world-class, technology-driven customers.
- Flatirons is the type of organization where you will be able to have a significant impact in a growing marketplace, make yourself heard, and contribute to our overall success. We offer you a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a high degree of independence and flexibility.
- Flatirons Solutions India Private Ltd. is owned by Flatirons Solutions, Inc. headquartered in Boulder, USA, and we are on an expansion course. For more than 25 years, our many professionals across North America, Europe, and Asia have applied our strong domain expertise and technical know-how to develop, implement, and run content lifecycle management solutions that are critical to some of the world's largest corporations, government agencies, and defense organizations.
- Our organization is characterized by openness, mutual respect, will, and ability to succeed, and not least the courage to challenge the status quo. We celebrate our differences and believe that our diversity, positive attitude, and dedication can make us overcome all challenges. Together, we can achieve great things