Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Dual Skilled Electrical and Mechanical Fitter
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be a senior team member, servicing, maintaining and repairing locomotives and units to laid-down specifications. Working on the Trans PenninePennine Express Fleet.
Within the team you will ensure that traction and rolling stock are serviced and maintained in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner whilst constantly seeking to improve quality.
Main tasks of the role:
- Corrective maintenance (Electrical or Mechanical, Coach Repairing & Plumbing)
- Preventative maintenance (Electrical or Mechanical, Coach Repairing & Plumbing)
- Basic maintenance competency e.g.: side skirt cleans, brake pads, block changes etc.
- Primary fault finding/reporting
- Secondary fault finding
- Depot or fleet specific requirements where required
- DMUDMU/ELECELEC service exams
- AlistaAlista, SAP and SESSES input
Additional tasks - all team members responsible for general depot duties
- Taking of fuel meter readings off rail vehicles
- Fuelling and system top up
- Crane driving and lifting equipment and training
- Chlorinating water points
- Depot cleaning/general housekeeping (This will have no impact on Cleaners headcount)
- Driving company vehicles if certified
- Train cleaning by exception (This will have no impact on Cleaners headcount)
- Mentoring others as and when required
- Nominated person as required
Health and Safety:
- Understand and abide by safety notices, rules & regulations and follow safe working practices
- To be Authorised person where required
- H&SAWASAWA and COSHH
- COSHHComply with strict Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent with associated technical qualification of City and Guilds in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Skilled in both mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Fault finding experience
- Basic MS Office IT skills.
- Prepared to work shifts including days, nights and weekends
You will be subject to Drugs and Alcohol testing, due to working in a safety critical environment.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.