ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to the growth of our business we are seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to join our Sonar Electronics team. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across AEUK. Additionally the successful candidate will:
• Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
• Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
• Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
• Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
• Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
• Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
• Be responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Electronics Design Engineer who wants to improve and challenge their technical capabilities to develop cutting edge technologies for a world-leading organisation.
The role is based at the AEUK offices in Winfrith, Dorset, offers a significant benefit package and will require SC Clearance.
B.Sc. (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject.
Experience of Mixed Signal and Analogue Circuit Design
Experience of Digital Circuit Design
Debugging and Testing of PCBs and sub-systems
Practical experience in schematic capture and PCB design tools
Experience of one or more of the following:
Design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM.
PA Design and test experience
General RF design & test experience
Taking products through to volume manufacturing
SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC Design
Implementing designs using Microcontroller, Microprocessor & FPGA
Knowledge in EMC/ LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process