Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
SEN Teaching Assistant Required in Swanley (Kent)
I am currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistants to join a specialist day and residential school for children and young people aged 8-19 who have Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties and Autism. Many pupils have additional needs including ADHD, Downs Syndrome and Language difficulties. All pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans and come via different local authorities across London and the South East, including Kent.
Daily Rate: Minimum £85 per day
Location: Swanley (Kent)
Duration: Long Term
Start Date: Immediate
Contract: Monday - Friday (Full-Time)
The role will consist of:
- To support the student with their learning and to support the teacher with the organisation of the class, including administration, resources and display.
- To take a responsibility for the direct work with small groups of students, under the direction of the teacher.
- To support the implementation of speech and language programmes under the direction of the Speech and Language Therapy team.
- To assist in the delivery of local and national learning initiatives for numeracy, literature and communication.
- To have an awareness of the individual needs of the students within the class group including any need for signing, scripting and escorting.
- To assist the teacher with hearing the students read in connection with a variety of written and practical number exercises
- To support physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses and other professionals as directed.
- To support with practical activities such as PE, swimming, horse riding etc.
- To liaise with fellow professionals in the school in order to maintain continuity of support for students.
- To help train students in particular tasks of personal hygiene, which may involve intimate care.
To be eligible for this role you must have an Enhanced Child or Child & Adult Workforce barred list DBS Certificate registered on the update service.
If you would like to be submitted for this vacancy, please reply to this email with an up-to-date copy of you CV.