Thomas Fairchild Primary School
Based in Hoxton, this school is a small one form entry primary school.
Kindness and understanding is at the very heart of their ethos, bringing together a proudly diverse and inclusive community. We believe that there is no place quite like Thomas Fairchild. With our minds set on creating innovative and passionate learners, we believe that all of our children should experience enriching and rewarding experiences to support their understanding of the world around them. Our wide and informative curriculum supports our pupils to develop curiosity and imagination.
We are fully committed to a shared responsibility to the wider school community, through the provision of high-quality education and the improvement of life chances for pupils in the community beyond that of our own school. We believe strongly in collaboration and work in close partnership with the community and families at the school. We know and value each of our children as individuals and are eager to prepare them for the next steps in their education and the challenges and joy they will face in life. Every child who attends our school experiences great achievement with staff encouraging them to always aim high.
Alongside Grazebrook and Shacklewell primary schools, we are well supported by a strong and experienced governing board who challenge leaders and staff to do all that they can for the pupils and the community.
At its last OFSTED inspection (February, 2012) it was reported that the school is an Outstanding school.
Organisation & Standards:
- Plan, operate and control the production and service of school meals and other catering requirements.
- Be responsible for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene of premises and equipment.
- Order all food and other commodities required from designated suppliers.
- Operate and control stocks, stock records and ensure correct completion and submission of all appropriate returns and records to the deadline dates identified.
- Control and operate any other catering functions within the school.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements relevant to the service, with particular regard to Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
- Be responsible for delivering a good quality of service that meets the required standards and the needs of the service users.
- Prepare meals to meet specific dietary and cultural requirements.
Supervision of Staff:
- Assess and adjust levels of staffing in accordance with the requirements of the service.
- Participate in the training of catering staff.
- Be responsible for the welfare of the units staff and to monitor their performance and assist with the organisation of support and training.
- Plan and prepare staff task lists and rotas.
- Ensure that all sickness records are maintained and monitored in accordance with procedures.
- Liaise with the appropriate school manager to deal with unsatisfactory performance and conduct of staff.
- Ensure that accidents and 'near misses' are reported, investigated and the necessary action taken.
Efficient Use of Resources:
- Be responsible for the security of the unit and stores and equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Check deliveries for quality and quantity of goods received.
- Maintain portion control and instruct and supervise staff accordingly.
Efficient Use of Resources:
- Wider School Activities
- Liaise with School Management and Service Users to promote and improve the service.
- Provide accurate information regarding nutritional and calorie values of menu options and advice on healthy eating.
- Participate in wider school activities regarding food selection, preparation and nutrition.
- Prepare and assist at any special functions organised by the school.
If this vacancy interests you, please apply!
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'