Simpson Judge Ltd are working with a company looking for a reliable Management Accountant, on a fixed-term contract, to assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data. You will oversee accounting procedures and prepare forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
You must be able to assume responsibility of cost accounting tasks and be both a strategist and a decision maker.
The goal is to contribute to the decision-making process of management that will ensure business growth and long-term success.
* Gather and analyse financial information for internal use
* Support budgeting and funding
* Prepare monthly management accounts
* Assume responsibility of accounting procedures
* Evaluate the company's performance using key data
* Make forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making
* Conduct risk assessment and advise on ways to minimise risk
* Advise on problems and suggest improvements
* Supervise lower-level personnel
Requirements and skills
* Proven experience as management accountant or similar role
* Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
* Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
* Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
* Working knowledge of financial software and MS Office
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* A problem-solver with attention to detail
* Organisational and leadership skills
* Degree in accounting, finance or similar field
* ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or part qualified