My client is looking to appoint an Assistant Site Manager due to an increase in their new build developments. My clients are experienced property developers with this role being in their new build housing division on a site based in Uttoxeter.
The main purpose of the role is to support and assist the Site Manager in the build of multiple homes to a specified design and quality on a site, from handover of land through to last legal completion, on time and on budget in line with health and safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains and always monitors a positive culture of health and safety onsite to ensure a safe working environment.
- Assist and support our status as a 5 Star Builder is maintained and that every home is built to the specified design and standard, with the aim of zero defects, focusing on the delivery of excellent customer service
- Assists and supports Construction budgets on their project and making sure Project Construction costs are controlled with no compromise to quality, health and safety or customer service in order to achieve profit targets.
- Assists and supports the delivery of the quality of homes in line with the agreed project programmes, planning and co-ordinating all suppliers and trades to make sure they deliver their work in line with the critical path, identifying slippage and developing action plans to ensure the programme time is recovered
- Assists in co-ordinating at least two local community events in each financial year to promote positive social, economic and environmental change.
- Assists with ensuring the project is in line with site plans and strategy to ensure the project is executed in line with the appraisal
- Audits site activities to ensure industry best practice and innovations are implemented and interacts with external bodies such as NHBC, to create better, safer or more cost-effective ways of working
- To work collaboratively with internal teams, including Sales, Technical, Customer Service and Commercial
- Assists and supports the site project team (Sales and Build) to ensure their project Build Programme and Sales Programme are in alignment to achieve the budget
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with key external parties, including all external consultants and sub-contractors, building on existing networks
- Towards the end of the build, manages aspects of the final stages so that everything is completed to the specified design, quality and deadline.
Experience Skills and Knowledge Required
- Min 3 years experience within construction, ideally within housebuilding
- Knowledge of NHBC guidelines
- Working towards relevant NVQ at least level 3 in Construction Site Management Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - up to date certificate Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- First aid trained
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT literate
Package and Benefits
- Competitive basic salary
- Company car / car allowance
This is a superb opportunity to join a market leading developer with an excellent reputation in the market place. For more information call the number provided or send an up to date CV to