Consultant, Data Science
As part of the Finance department, the U.S. Cellular Shared Analytical and Data Services team (SANDS) is comprised of highly technical resources with diverse backgrounds in data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data science, forecasting, and CRM. The SANDS team is responsible for delivering data solutions, analytical tools, campaign execution, and business insights to our stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Sales Operations. The Consultant, Data Science is responsible for developing, validating, and implement statistical models, forecasting tools, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analyses across Finance, Marketing and Operations. This role is also responsible for measuring Marketing and/or Credit performance and acting as a strategic thought partner for Finance, Marketing, and Operations.
- Develop and validate statistical forecasting tools to aid with the accurate prediction of key enterprise metrics including defects, gross adds, ending customer base, calls to care center, device sales, bad debt expense, etc...
- Develop optimization, AI, and machine learning models to accurately predict scenario-based outcomes i.e., device price elasticity, predicted impact of a credit deposit change, predicted impact of device price change.
- Develop, implement, and validate segmentation models - customer/geographic /risk segmentation identification i.e. target segments, store/market segments.
- Develop analytical tools in US Cellular's Big Data platforms; accordingly, experience in Big Data infrastructures, as well as commercial and open source analytical and data platforms.
- Evaluate and enhance existing campaign processes including reporting, and deep-dive analyses to develop operational and execution efficiencies.
- Provide significant business domain experience in risk assessment /fraud, marketing and other business areas.
- Develop and optimize of real-time decision engine/flows with respect to credit risk, fraud, and marketing personalization.
- Presentation of results as well as data-driven insights to internal stakeholders in Marketing, NFS, and Finance.
- Mentor and teach other technical resources on the team.
- Socialize and sell analytical concepts and projects to our stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field; Master's degree in Statistics, Math or Finance required or additional, relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of relevant, hands-on experience in multiple analytical techniques and data manipulation leveraging SAS, R, or other similar statistical tools.
- 3+ years experience with data visualization tools.
- Expert SQL skills (5+ years hand's-on coding experience).
- Proven knowledge of advanced technique such as GLM, GAM, Machine Learning algorithms, decision trees, etc.
- Proficient at leveraging financial techniques i.e. ROI, NPV and Cash flow to measure the financial impacts derived from statistical tools.
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable customer strategies which will have a measured impact on the business.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Proven ability to meet tight timelines, estimate level of effort, multi-task and prioritize workload independently of direct leader.
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Stakeholder, conflict resolution, and resource management.
U.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.