Account Manager | Public Equities
As an Account Manager on the Public Equity Team, you will be responsible for overseeing and developing a large book of enterprise hedge fund clients. You will play a crucial role in developing and executing thoughtful territory as well as account level strategy aimed at delivering best-in-class client service and account management. You will focus on identifying, qualifying and closing new revenue opportunities as well as negotiating contract renewals, optimizing client experience, gaining market share and pursuing excellence in close collaboration with a team of GLG servicing team professionals.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Set strategic and operational roadmap for overall book of business and at the account level
- Develop, lead and track account strategy and client engagement to achieve account growth objectives
- Develop and negotiate subscriptions for existing clients across the full line of GLG's services
- Directly engage and build relationships with key customers at GLG's existing client firms within the Public Equities business unit
- Find and execute on opportunities within existing book of business to increase user penetration at client firms and adoption of GLG services
- Collaborate with key client stakeholders to understand due-diligence process and to deliver GLG solutions that meet client research and learning needs
- Ensure overall client user satisfaction with GLG services and collaborate with servicing team to implement adjustments in servicing model when necessary
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues- marketing, compliance, legal, finance, technology to deliver solutions to solve complex overall client business issues
You will have the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in account management or consultative selling with Financial Services clients
- Intense understanding and experience selling to and/or servicing buy-side public equities clients
- Proven experience managing performance to quota
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across different functions for solving complex challenges, learning and growing
- Clear understanding of and hands on experience with creating and delivering "best in class" client service strategies and operating models
- Impeccable attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume and fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary, eligibility for a quarterly and/or year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, and ample social impact programs.
- Work Environment: GLG Americas is currently on a flexible working policy during the global pandemic. This means that while working in the office is not required at this time, all of our U.S. offices are open for employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York or Austin offices, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals, full-service barista bars, and access to on-site gyms.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's insight network. Our clients rely on GLG's global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world's best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG's industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company's culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. ("GLG") is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.