- Provide mass spectrometry support to various research projects within Streck
- Sample preparation for proteomics analysis including protein extraction, immunoprecipitation, proteolytic digestion, fractionation, and sample clean-up of body-fluid samples prior to MS analysis
- Independently operate, maintain, and troubleshoot mass spectrometry instrumentation - including Waters SYNAPT G2-Si and Bruker MALDI Ultraflextreme mass spectrometers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with current knowledge of clinical mass spectrometry field and make recommendations that could positively impact research goals and product pipeline
- Design and execute experiments for the investigation of new and innovative products for clinical diagnostics and related markets
- Support process/product validation, process/product improvement initiatives, and investigational studies
- Adhere to applicable regulatory guidelines - including FDA design control requirements
Required Experience and Skills:
- Advanced degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related scientific field
- 0 - 3 years post-doctoral or professional experience
- Experience in proteomic and peptide mapping methodologies
- Proficiency in quantitative proteomics techniques including PRM, MRM, DDA, DIA, SILAC, Tandem Mass Tag (TMT), label-free quantification approaches, and peptide fragmentation methods
- Familiarity in the analysis of small molecules via mass spectrometry
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Biologics characterization using mass spectrometric methods (PTMs/glycosylation, intact and subunit mass analysis)
- Understanding and working knowledge of various analytical methods for protein characterization such as SEC, IEX, nano-HPLC, CE-SDS
- Experience with additional analytical or biochemical techniques (including SDS-PAGE, ELISA, qPCR, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in working with blood samples and hematology analyzers.
Key Words: LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, MALDI-TOF, Clinical diagnostics, Proteomics
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Streck develops and delivers quality control and diagnostic products that touch millions of lives and help validate the reputations of laboratories, hospitals and clinicians all over the world.
For all of us at Streck, our job is not simply about scientific accuracy. It is just as much about responsiveness, commitment and responsibility.
The result is something science alone cannot create: Trust.
Streck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and forbids discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping and caregiver status), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)