Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Floor Tech II
JOB SUMMARY: To finalize floor finish and assist Floor Tech Supervisor in floor maintenance according to industry standards and perform other janitorial duties to fulfill contract.
This is not a supervisory role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Clean office areas, hallways, restrooms, stairwells or other assigned areas using established procedures and equipment.
- Floor care such as vacuuming, shampoo carpeting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, polishing, finishing removal and finishing application of floors using established guidelines and equipment.
- Empty trash and garbage containers.
- Wash walls and/or windows as needed.
- Dust and remove dirt from ceiling, walls, overhead pipes and fixtures using long-handled brushes and vacuum cleaner.
- Use of specialized power equipment.
- Maintenance of floor care equipment as needed.
- Ensure wet floor signs are placed in area when working with wet floors.
- Ability to measure and mix appropriate cleaning chemicals/solutions to a task according to proper guidelines.
- May be required to set up chairs, tables or special equipment as directed.
- Attend all trainings as necessary.
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries immediately.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management
- 6 months of experience in custodial or floor maintenance, preferred.
- Experience in operating carpet extractors, burnishers, auto floor scrubbers, buffers and/or like equipment for all floor types.
- Must pass OSBI/DOC background check
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid OK Driver's License.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Willingness to perform routine and repetitive tasks.
- Able to follow direction.
- Demonstrate adherence to timelines and schedules.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This work is physical and requires the following activities: Standing, twisting, bending, kneeling and reaching for long periods of time (up to 8 hours a day); good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds, or more with assistance.
- This is considered a safety sensitive position. No level of impairment from drugs, alcohol or prescription medications will be acceptable while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is typically performed at night, but schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime as needed for business operations.
- Work in climate-controlled atmosphere majority of the time.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- High noise level.
- Work with vibrating and moving mechanical equipment.