Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Con Edison Clean Energy Business SolutionsLocation:
Responsible for the management, network design and engineering, operations and strategy of the IT/OT infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime for data flows and the execution of cyber security program. Responsibilities also include planning, monitoring, and field telecommunications and network functions to ensure a robust, stable and secured SCADA environment. This includes working with the Operations team and other IT teams to manage and maintain a reliable and highly secure regional/on-site IT infrastructure environment as well as on-site datacenter and remote office location. Additional responsibilities include integration of new sites into existing network, ensuring data acquisition stability as well as facilitate vendor systems implementations. Manage consultants as necessary to support the technologies, and its related projects and services. Engages in the professional development of staff and hiring. Responsibilities
- Manage the design, configuration, implementation and support of hardware, virtualization, storage, software, security, and virtual networking solutions
- Manage the monitoring and troubleshooting of intricate system issues in a 24/7, mission critical network environment
- Design and support of the remote enterprise-wide LAN/WAN technology
- Undertake and manage complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge
- Identify opportunities to enhance, improve and use new ideas and technologies within the environment.
- Lead various IT related strategic projects as assigned
- Formulate processes and procedures based on industry based best practices.
- Work closely with Operations and other Infrastructure groups to manage and support renewable initiatives including site connectivity, data acquisition, network security, and reporting.
- Manage coordinated efforts between internal technical teams and outside 3rd parties.
- Work on various initiatives as assigned
- Requires a BS or BA degree in Computer Science or Information Management, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of: Virtual Infrastructures, SAN's, iSCSI and Fabric switching, Networking including the OSI model
- Advanced understanding of: CISCO and/or Fortinet technology or comparable Next-generation Firewall technology
- Understanding of: Storage and Data management, including backup and replication practices as it relates to disaster recovery and business continuity
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure architecture and configuration
- Familiarity with telecommunications technologies, networking protocols, scripting and automation
- Experience with managing multiple highly visible projects and facilitating audit exercises (NERC, SOX)
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of mainstream computering technologies
- Ablility to work with end users, independently lead and mentor IT associates
- Experience leading personnel, managing workflow and promoting teamwork
- Experience with IT/OT ecosystem or SCADA preferred
- 10+ years experience in Network technology and 4 years in a leadership role
PM21 Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans. You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.