Maintenance Technician I, Renaissance Property Management Corporation - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus - Actively Recruiting
Denver, CO, USA
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Maintenance Technician Ithat will, under general supervision, perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance duties involving in the inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair within all CCH residential communities, while also becoming familiar with the large diversity of systems and practices within the department.
Duties for this role include such tasks as work orders, general maintenance, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance installation/repair, custodial functions, complete unit turnovers, etc. while always ensuring all safety and operational standards.
As experience is gained, the assigned tasks will become more diversified and performed under less general supervision. This position is located at various locations in the Denver Metro area and reports to the Property Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We're proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled duties involving in the inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, testing, monitoring, repair and servicing of equipment, components, building facilities and any other items associated with RPMC housing facilities of CCH.
- Identify and implement effective courses of action to complete a diversity of daily assigned work task.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of resident work orders, active and preventative maintenance tasks, maintaining detailed record/log of all actions.
- Coordinates work assignments with other teammate residents or departments, as needed.
- Communicates with team, property manager, tenants and/or all other invested parties on the status of the work in progress and/or completed.
- Operates necessary manual and electric tools and equipment, chemicals and supplies.
- Maintains the facilities storage area/shop area in a neat and organized fashion.
- Ensuring the consistent application of OSHA safety standards (ie- hazardous materials, PPE, confined space entry, fire & emergency planning, lockout/tagout, etc.)
- Performs unit turnovers and/or evictions, including pre-walk of units prior to resident moving out, communicating the scope of work and timeline to property manager, execute turn actions, including possible furniture/item removal and basic custodial functions.
- Assists in keeping the common areas of the community in presentable fashion, including but not limited to items such as trash removal and custodial duties.
- Operates and inspects CCH vehicles for transit to facilities for their respective duties/assignments.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality policies according to resident's rights regulations and courtesy
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager on special maintenance projects.
- Observes all sections of the CCH property maintenance plan.
- Responds to any and all emergency situations as necessary.
- Reports unusual and/or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property and/or residents to the property manager.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, that reflects the values of cultural competency, builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Prior customer service experience working with homeless or low-income population preferred.
- Previous hands-on maintenance experience highly preferred, especially in an apartment or multi-family setting.
- Certifications in professional skilled areas of property maintenance preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
Share this job: