$33.30 - $40.84 Hourly
Public Works Department
The Wastewater Division of the City of Salem, Public Works (PW) Department has an exciting career opportunity for an Instrument Tech position. The Instrument Tech is responsible for calibration, preventative maintenance and routine electronic maintenance, and repair work for the PW Wastewater Treatment Plant. Electronic maintenance includes troubleshooting, direct replacement, overhaul, and repair of electronic instrumentation and analysis equipment and systems, devices and programmable controller monitoring systems. Experience with distributed control systems and process control loops is desirable.
The Public Works Department values employees and their professional development. If you are someone that takes pride in collaborating on innovative ideas, proactively responding to community needs, and being a good environmental and financial steward, we look forward to meeting you! The Public Works Department promotes a healthy work life balance, while maintaining the utmost dedication to the health, safety and welfare of our community including our team!
What are the minimum qualifications for the job?
- Must pass the pre-employment background check.
- Must have an Oregon Driver License and have a driving record that meets the City of Salem's driving standards.
- Graduation from high school, or G.E.D., with supplemental coursework in the electrical, electronic, or mechanical trades, and considerable experience as an electronic instrumentation systems technician or in a process control and maintenance position, including experience with microprocessor-based systems or distributed control systems, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Possession of Oregon Limited Energy Technician, class A (LEA) or class B (LEB) or higher is required.
Where can I find out more about the position?
- For positions assigned to the PW Wastewater Treatment Plant, a minimum of 3 years work experience in industrial controls maintenance, instrumentation, electrical and electronic work with programmable controllers, microprocessor-based systems, or distributed control systems is preferred.
Go to the menu option for Class Specifications and search for Instrument Tech or view by clicking here. How can I apply?
The City of Salem invites individuals of all diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for our available job opportunities as we strive to provide the best service to everyone. The City of Salem is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all and has a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, we are better able to serve the community.
To apply, click on the green "Apply" button to complete your application. Hiring managers do not have access to view resumes as part of the application review process, please make sure to include how you meet the qualifications outlined in the class specification in your application.
Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications as outlined above but not selected for this position may be placed on an eligibility list, and candidates may be hired from the list. Eligibility lists are valid for six months. The City will send email notifications to eligible candidates about potential hiring opportunities so please ensure your email settings accept our system generated email notifications.
You may subscribe for automatic notification of job openings at the City through the Job Interest Cards - sign up today!
For more information about employment at the City of Salem, please visit our website at (see application details) .
For benefits information, please, go to:
(see application details)