Position: College Access Coordinator (Immediate)
Reports to: Campus Director of College Access
Location: STRIVE Prep - RISE High School
Salary: $50,000 - $69,000
Status: Full time, Exempt, In-Person Position
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
College Access Program & Vision
- Collaborate with high school teachers and the Campus Director of College Access to communicate and uphold STRIVE Prep's college-readiness goals.
- Support the college research and application process including testing, personal statements and financial aid research for each year's junior or senior class.
- Provide one-on-one academic and career advising.
- Assist in Financial Aid submissions and track student completion.
- Conduct one on one meetings with Juniors and Seniors during Advisory period throughout the year, focused on tracking and completing college applications, scholarships, and transitioning to college
- Disseminate information from the Directors of College Access, Alumni teams, (scholarship and summer program information, fly out opportunities, etc...) for Juniors and Seniors
- Utilize the college access dashboard or other databases to maintain various data points
- Support the Academic team to track and organize Capstone requirements for juniors and seniors.
- Lead and execute the concurrent enrollment advising and planning process.
- Work with Alumni Support to bring alumni events into yearly plans to support scholar matriculation into a post-secondary pathway
- Work with the Intern & Career Exploration Coordinator and Alumni Support to support scholars in identifying a post-secondary pathway
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork to the Central Director of College Access in a professional and timely manner.
College Access Instruction
- Facilitating several sections of Junior and/or Senior seminar courses.
- In collaboration with other College Access Coordinators across the network, create daily lesson plans for Junior or Senior Seminar that are aligned to the goals of the College Access program and address specific student/campus needs.
- Update grade books on a weekly basis. Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Maintain a positive, safe and organized learning environment.
- Facilitate or support Financial Aid workshops or presentations
- Analyze student assessment data and use it to determine post-secondary next steps.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Facilitate Accuplacer testing and logistics.
- Chaperone local and out-of-state field lessons and college campus visits.
- Supervise scholars during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch).
- Communicate regularly and often with families (by phone and/or home visits) to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Assist campus administrators (Principal, Operations Team, College Access Team members, etc.) with graduation and Senior Signing Day preparations
- Additional campus duties as assigned, including but not limited to assessment support, campus administrative duties, or oversight of additional coursework.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep's Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Actively participate in all teams, including grade-level, content and other teams as designated by STRIVE Prep's leadership.
- Meet weekly with the Campus Director of College Access for coaching sessions and collaboration.
- Meet quarterly with the network-wide College Access Team.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Previous experience in college access/college application process or teaching field
- Previous experience guiding students through the financial aid process (including FAFSA, scholarships, grants, work study etc.)
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with Multi-Language Learners
- Demonstrated success working with people, particularly students, from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Experience in Title I and/or charter schools
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Equipment provided: laptop
- Weekly coaching sessions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!