Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical
Working in Healthcare has never been more important or meaningful
The Preadmission Service aims to facilitate the flow of optimised perioperative patients on the Monash Health Elective Surgery waiting list, ensuring efficient and patient focused treatment according to the principles in the Elective Surgery Access Policy as set by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Monash Health Elective Surgery Priorities, Policies and Procedures. Current sites of Preadmission services include Casey, Dandenong, MMC/MCH & Moorabbin
A Day in the Life
This is a Nurse Manager role like you haven’t seen before. We have an ongoing opportunity for an experienced leader to lead our team managing the preadmission of our elective surgical patients, and also manage the elective COVID screening for all Monash Health sites. You will be actively involved in the expansion of our elective surgery services and will be leading a small team to ensure successful outcomes for out patients. On a day to day, you will:
- Lead a small team to ensure the successful management of our perioperative patients
- Be involved in the running of clinics
- Take an active part in the expansion of our elective surgery program across Monash
- Overseeing the running the elective COVID screening process, including management of the electronic screening tool
We are looking for someone who is keen to share their experiences and support the expansion of our elective surgery program while ensuring the service we provide continues to deliver successful outcomes for out patients. You enjoy wearing multiple hats and are able to successfully manage competing priorities. Strong collaboration skills and a commitment to the Monash values are a must for this role. This is a busy and varied role, where you will be required to travel to all of the Monash Health sites, so flexibility is a must. You will have previous experience in a Nurse Manager position, and you will enjoy leading a small and supportive team.
- As part of the role involves the management of the COVID electronic screening tool, being IT savvy to see this used successfully
- You will have senior leadership experience and understand how to lead and develop a team
- Extensive nursing experience in the surgical area, and a solid understanding of the pre-admission process
What you need
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader to step into a varied role, where your experience will see you effectively manage multiple priorities. In order to be considered you will need:
- The flexibility to work across all Monash Health sites
- Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Senior leadership experience
- Significant relevant surgical nursing experience and/or relevant post graduate studies
- Demonstrated maturity and accountability for clinical decision making
You will enjoy the flexibility of working between Monday and Friday, giving you your weekends free! The seniority of the role provides a level of flexibility around clinical decision making as well as work locations across the Monash Health network.
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call Eleanor Milton on .
Monash Health is a great place to work
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- free flu vaccinations
- private health insurance at discounted rates
- health imaging services
- + more
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service and proudly provides healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 people work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne.
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and ICare values.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted that are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents
Please note , applications will be screened upon receipt and selection activity may commence prior to the closing date.
Promote local employment to your region, community or member organisation with a uWorkin Talent Community. Find out more .#J-18808-Ljbffr