Summary/Objective\: Under the direction of the Supervisor of Adult Programs and Services, provide direct support to adults with disabilities in varied settings related to employment. Support adults with disabilities in developing, refining and generalizing skills necessary for successful employment.
• Provides on-site employment support to assist the individual in performing his or her work duties.
• Provides accommodations and adaptations to work site in order to facilitate client independence.
• Apply effective, sensitive communication skills to build rapport and channels of communication by recognizing and adapting to the range of participant communication styles.
• Maintain accurate data regarding individual progress toward goals (hours worked, performance on job).
• Utilizes and assesses client preferences, skills, aptitudes, and strengths to identify potential employment opportunities.
• Provides practice for employment preparation and job retention skills on the work site.
• Accompanies clients on the job search/ interview.
• Explore with the participant his/her vocational interests and aptitudes, assist in preparing for job or school entry, and review opportunities for continued career growth.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
There are no supervisory responsibilities within this role.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands\: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods, and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work\:
This is a part-time, 260-day calendar position. Days and hours of work are variable and flexible. Hours are dependent on the needs of the individual client. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel\: Travel or transport may be expected for this position.
Education and Experience\:
1. Experience with students or adults with disabilities preferred
2. Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License required if transporting students
3. Able to pass Motor Vehicle background check
Level of Degree\:
High School Diploma required.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in education, business, marketing, communications, public relations, rehabilitation, psychology, or an area related to job development for persons with disabilities is desired.
Willing to obtain the following minimum qualification within 6 months of being hired
a. The Association for Community Rehabilitation Educators ( ACRE) or
b. The Association for People Supporting Employment First ( APSE) Certified Employment Support Professional Credential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
2. Knowledge of disabilities.
3. Ability to take initiative, establish and maintain working relationships with community businesses/ volunteer work sites.
4. Work effectively with individuals from a variety of educational, socio-economic, ethnic and disability groups.
5. Impart and obtain information tactfully and accurately.
6. Strong organization skills
7. Maintain accurate records of all activities undertaken with the client
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)\: Citizenship or work authorization to work in the United States required.
EEO/AA/VEVRAA Employer\: The Bucks IU is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Bucks IU does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. Glenolden, PA, US, 19036 Posted 18 minutes ago Entry Level Auto Damage Adjustor. Government Employees Insurance Company Auto Damage Trainee - Iowa City, IA
Salary: $22.83 per hour / $46,000 annually
Accidents can be scary, and our Auto Damage team rises to the occasion to provide unparalleled customer service when our customers need us the most. We're looking for Auto Damage Trainees in Iowa City, IA/Davenport, IA who are motivated and ready to grow their careers to the next level with GEICO. Flexibility to work in different environments is also key, as our auto damage adjusters may work from their home, a body shop, a virtual estimating center, or even on the road.
Our industry-leading, paid training will teach you the ins and outs of automobile damage adjusting, so you can directly assist our customers after accidents or major disasters. We're looking for those who are equally motivated as they are compassionate. Your unique skillset, along with the latest auto-adjusting tools and tech, will help you:
• Inspect and assess vehicle damage caused by all types of accidents
• Estimate vehicle repair costs and negotiate equitable settlements
• Partner with other adjusters and supervisors to work with body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
As an Auto Damage Trainee, you'll be constantly challenged to continue growing your skills and knowledge to better understand our industry, company, and customers. If you want a career with plenty of growth opportunities, let's talk.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
• Premier Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan
• Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
• Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
Salary: $22.83 per hour / $46,000 annually
Qualifications & Skills:
• Valid driver's license (must meet company underwriting guidelines for at least the past 3 consecutive years) and the ability to maintain applicable state and federal certifications and permits
• Willingness to be flexible with primary work location - position may require either remote or in-office work
• Solid computer, mechanical aptitude, and multi-tasking skills
• Effective attention to detail and decision-making skills
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, and willingness to expand on these abilities
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college degree or currently pursuing preferred
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented individuals to further grow our team.
At this time, GEICO will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Marengo, IA, US, 52301 Posted 18 minutes ago