Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Med-Surg Clinical Coord you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Del Sol Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Del Sol Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organizations vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
What qualifications you will need:
BSN or MSN
REQUIRED: (Certifications must be kept current)
RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
Two years clinical experience in Medical-Surgical nursing
One year of management experience
Acute Care experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Ability to develop a staff schedule,
Critical thinking ability,
Copes effectively with crisis and emergency situations,
Communicates clearly and concisely.
Encourages team-building efforts.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, womens services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
'Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.'- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Med-Surg Clinical Coord opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.