Texas Solar Generation Regional ManagerENGIE North America Inc. | Dike, TX, US, 75437
Posted 18 minutes ago
ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy to preserve the world's natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
As the Texas Solar Generation Regional Manager the primary responsibilities consist of managing and supporting operations and maintenance for multiple solar generation sites. This includes taking the new sites from construction to commercial operations as well as managing the day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the sites in line with corporate strategy and objectives while ensuring and nurturing safety of all personnel and equipment on the sites.
This position has the capabilities to work at any of our Texas site locations and reports to the Director of US Solar Generation.
What you'll do:
- P&L responsibility for Region Performance
- Manage, develop and assess project budgets and schedules
- Provide technical support for the design, construction, or commissioning of solar farm projects
- Supervise site personnel including subcontractors and consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications, budgets, schedule and corporate policies.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the site and for achieving company and group activities
- Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with federal, state, and local regulations as well as environmental requirements; company policies and procedures; company's annual operations plan; legal and contractual requirements; and good solar industry practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and economical manner
- Takes all necessary actions to protect the facility's' operating permits
- Carries out all responsibilities under environmental legislation; develops and ensures adherence to proper procedures to prevent environmental spills; monitors, records, any non-compliances, and environmental spills; ensures proper training of personnel on transportation of dangerous goods; promotes awareness for the environment and the requirements of environmental compliance
- Develops and utilizes a sites' Environmental Management System
- Approve, or as required submits for approval, documents and procedures that will be used on the sites
- Utilizes a computer-based automated maintenance management system to: organize equipment commissioning, operations and maintenance files; to identify trends; to take corrective action; and to maintain equipment performance by maximizing plant capacity factor, availability, performance and efficiency
- Manages a safety program that complies with all Federal and State requirements ensuring the safe operation of the site regarding the public, employees and equipment.
- Actively promotes a safety-minded working environment and safety programs consistent with the ENGIE Health and Safety Principles and 9 Life Saving Rules
- Appoints in writing a sites safety representative to administer the safety program
- Monitors activities of the Plant Safety Committee and ensures its effectiveness
- Cooperates with Loss Control/Safety Consultants from property and casualty insurance carriers and responds to their recommendations in a timely manner
- Coordinates with and promptly reports all losses and claims to the corporate Risk Manager
- Prepares and is responsible for the execution of emergency plans
- Sets objectives for his/her team; manages site personnel in the proper performance of assigned duties and maintains a record of their performance through regular, formal evaluations; and makes recommendations for their merit increases and incentive pay
- Oversees training to enhance site employees' technical knowledge in the safe operation and maintenance of the facility and its capital equipment as well as employee professional development
- Ensures that employee policies and procedures are followed by all sites' personnel; ensures that the manual has been distributed to all employees and that the policies outlined within are reasonably understood by all staff members
- Ensures fair implementation of complaint procedures. Administers appropriate disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner, supported by clear, concise and thorough documentation of events and actions resulting in the need for discipline.
- Provides/coordinates relief for operations and/or maintenance supervisor as needed.
- Communicates regularly with ENGIE company representatives (VP of Renewable Generation, Director of Solar Generation, Asset Management, Engineering, Regulatory Compliance & Human Resources and Construction Management) for exchange, consultation, guidance and required approvals
- Maintains open communications with Global Energy Management (GEM) 24-hour desk operations. Ensures changes in plants status are communicated immediately to these individuals
- Maintains good relations with landowners, suppliers, customers, vendors, service providers, governmental authorities, and contractors
- Is personally involved and takes innovative actions to ensure good public and community relations on behalf of the facility and the company
- Ensures the efficient and economical operation and maintenance of the facilities
- Ensure compliance with Purchase Power Agreements and Partnership O&M and Asset Management Agreements with emphasis on optimizing assets and minimizing penalties while ensuring safety of personnel and subcontractors
- Ensures prompt, timely and accurate reporting as required by company policies and procedures and other governmental and contractual requirements
- Prepares annual operating plans, budgets and controls for operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and approval for variances including sites' outages (compliant with dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate facility operation and scheduled maintenance
- Monitors budget variances on a regular basis and prepares/monitors long term budget forecasts. Provides monthly variances reports on a timely manner
- Follows up, assisted by the Asset Management Group, with the proper execution of commercial contracts and assists in bringing solutions to any disagreement that may aris
- Direct reports include site operations managers. Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (ABET accredited) plus five (5) years' experience in a related industry; or technical diploma/high school diploma and ten (10) years' experience in a related industry. Must demonstrate a strong technical and managerial capability
- Five (5) years previous experience in supervision of technical, operating or maintenance personnel
- In-depth knowledge of solar power generating equipment and technologies
- Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning, budgeting, inventory control and database handling
- Strong leadership/management/communication skills
- Strong organizational/prioritizing skills
- Ability to make significant independent judgments
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as required
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc.
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test (if applicable)
- Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be available to travel up-to 50% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on limited occasions
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE's policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The position consists of 50% work indoors and 50% work outdoors, outdoor work may expose the employee to weather conditions
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting / up to 50 lbs
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with needed assistance to perform the essential functions
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range: $105,910 - 270,530, annually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match
- More information can be found here: Discover our employee benefits
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.