At American Family Insurance Claims Services (AFICS, Inc.), we’re embarking on a transformation of our claims capabilities that will put customers at the center of what we do best – protecting and restoring their dreams when they need us most.
We’re leveraging our expertise, technology and new ways of working to actively reinvent one of America’s largest industries—creating positive impact that empowers our customers, communities, and company to thrive. We are problem solvers who ask critical questions and consistently tackle challenges big and small. Together, we disrupt what’s expected of insurance.
Investigates and maintains property claims. Determines liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges appraisals, and settles claims. You will report to the Property Field Claims manager.
The Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with agency to deliver seamless claim service. An adjuster who can work on lower complexity claims.
You will work in the field and handle homeowner property field claims in the White Bear Lake area. You must be located within that area. A company fleet vehicle is provided with the position.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Level Summary
- Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within job discipline.
- Performs routine assignments using existing procedures.
- Receives instruction and guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
- Entry level to a professional career progression.
- Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc..
- Attends a new employee training program that includes claim processing in various systems, policy and procedures, and company culture and its application to the Claim environment as needed
- Handles files with limited authority based on management discretion.
- Position will be remote with local travel expected 4-5 days per week.
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- Catastrophe specific roles requires travel up to 75% if the time .
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims across our operating territories, or other equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims, or other equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements related to casualty coverages, or other equivalent knowledge.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim handling process, or other equivalent knowledge.
The candidate(s) selected for this role will be employed by AFICS, Inc. (American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.), an affiliate of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!#LI-TC3