Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an Heart Surgery Team Lead Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Heart Surgery Team Lead Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The St. Davids HealthCare Registered Nurse Team Lead of Cardiovascular Surgerysupervises Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and other non-licensed nursing personnel. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the RN Team Lead collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patients plan-of-care and goals of the department. The RN Team Lead serves as a professional role-model and interfaces directly with patients, families, physicians and staff. The RN Team Lead utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patients nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN Team Lead continues to monitor and assess the patients physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Under the general supervision of the units Director, Manager or Nursing Supervisor the CN assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- Ensures implementation of operational standards which promote the maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to: Informed consent. Clarification of patient expectations. Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of patient complaints.
- You will ensure implementation of operational standard which promote maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to: Informed Consent. Clarification of patient expectations. Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of patient complaints.
- Maintain communication with other members of the management team regarding potential/actual problems or concerns, and with Medical Staff issues. Assists with establishing and maintaining communication channels with Medical Staff and other departments in the hospital.
- Supervised personnel providing direct patient care with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
- Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
- Collaborates and give input on staff schedules for final approval from Unit Manager.
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
- Rounds on patients during the shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program; minimum of 6 months experience in a Staff RN role
Preferred: Bachelors Degree; 1 year experience in CVOR RN role and charge experience
Required: At least one year of CVOR RN experience in the Operating Room within hospital setting
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License; BCLS certification as per SDH policy
Preferred: ACLS certification as per SDH policy, PALS certification
St. Davids Round Rock Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the only hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. Davids Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, womens services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics, and more when visiting this facility.
St. Davids Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. Davids HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. Davids HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. Davids Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
'Good people beget good people.'- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Heart Surgery Team Lead Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.