Organization:SLH-Sutter Lakeside Hospital
Position Overview:Assesses, diagnoses, plans and implements the medical care of patients in collaboration with a physician. Functions within the full scope of licensure; accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in assigned area. Develops, implements, manages an optimal interdisciplinary plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws/regulations and codes to promote a quality, highly reliable patient experience. Engages in continuous growth and development in professional advanced nursing practice. Follows ambulatory care and inpatient standardized procedures, protocols, policy and procedures regulated by the State of California Nurse Practice Act.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTICE:
• Manages the medical care for patients utilizing clinical protocols in collaboration with the physicians.
• Performs a physical exam if indicated.
• Ensures individualized health maintenance status to include, but not limited to, vaccinations, screening for risk factors, mental status baseline, dental screening and other appropriate functional assessments.
• Conducts annual and diagnostic examinations, complies and updates detailed medical histories.
• Consults with supervising physician in cases of abnormal examination of test findings and when implementing clinical protocols.
• Perform standardized procedures without the direct observation, supervision or approval of a physician.
ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING OF PATIENT CARE:
• Conducts patient and family assessment encompassing physiological, spiritual and emotional areas.
• Collaborates and communicates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate daily patient care plan to ensure a plan of care that is patient centric with continuity of care.
• Partners with peers, other healthcare providers, and management to effectively streamline patient workflow, improve patient outcomes, and provide the highest care quality.
• Communicates patients’ plan of care to co-workers and on-coming/off-going shift and between departments.
PROVISION OF PATIENT CARE:
• Provides competent, compassionate and cost effective patient care in accordance with unit, department, hospital policies, scientific principles, evidence-based nursing practice/process, nursing objectives and standards of care.
• Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for each patient and their families/support group in accordance with hospital regulations
• Delegates tasks appropriately/effectively to team members based on legal scopes of practice, licensure, educational preparation, appropriate guidelines and individual capability.
• Communicates with and explains treatments/activities to patient and family in a clear, open- ended, collaborative manner showing care and concern, using teach back to ensure patient understanding of explanations, and integrating patient learning and educational needs.
• Maintains mindfulness in delivery of individualized care and in communication with patients and families, with a safety focus
• Delivers safe and effective patient care in compliance with established hospital policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulations to provide the highest level of patient care.
• Upholds the confidentiality of all patient protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional or inappropriate disclosure.
• Remains current in advancements, trends, and best practices related to acute care and area of specialty and in professional nursing practice
• Participates in and supports system, operating unit, facility and unit process improvement activities.
EVALUATION OF PATIENT CARE:
• Monitors patient care interventions, assesses therapies, evaluates outcomes, and intervenes as warranted.
• Conducts ongoing education for patients and their families to ensure optimal patient care from admission through transitions of care.
• Reassesses, evaluates and documents each patient’s response to the plan of care and adjusts the plan as needed.
• Reports any events or near-misses in safety or compliance concerns via patient safety reporting mechanism
• Participates in analysis of safety events to prevent future occurrences
• Accurately documents and updates all treatment information in the patient’s electronic health record (EHR).
• Develops, implements, documents formal teaching and transition planning that includes the patient/family in care for identified health needs
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
NP-Nurse Practitioner (National certification)
NP-F - Nurse Practitioner Furnishing
RN-California Registered Nurse
CSRC-Controlled Substance Registered Certification (DEA)
BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
Certification required based on the department requirements
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
Department: SMCS-Sutter Child Center Outpatient Services, CPNP - Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Department: Hospital Based (except NICU)- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Department: Family Birthing Center, NRP-Neonatal Resuscitation Provider
5 years of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to advanced nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook), Electronic Health Record.
Prioritize and delegate assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $76.89 to $111.49 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.Schedule/Shift: Per Diem/Casual/ Days