Stiller Distributors, Inc.

History


Stiller Carpet Company was founded and operated by Harry Stiller in the 1940's. It was originally located in Providence, Rhode Island. In 1976, Frank and Dorthy Crook purchased Stiller Carpet Company and began to grow the business by adding products and expanding distribution territory. The name of the company was changed to Stiller Distributors, Inc., in 1980.

This name represented the company's direction to distribute a wide variety of floor covering products. One of the major manufacturers represented by Stiller was Mannington Mills. At that time, Mannington produced vinyl, rugs and was expanding with the introduction of 12' rotogravure sheet vinyl. Over the last three decades, Mannington has become a leader in the floor covering industry.

In 1988, Stiller purchased a 40,000 square foot building in Cranston. Rhode island, and currently operates from this location. Stiller Distributors is now owned and operated by Mark Crook who has been working for the company since 1979.

Stiller distributes residential and commercial floor covering to retailers, property management and commercial floor covering contractors throughout New England.

Stiller Distributors shares a mutual respect and loyalty with its customer and employees. Our long standing mission, "providing quality products, with a high level of customer service, at competitive prices" has positioned Stiller for continued growth and customer allegiance for many years to come.