Starting Salaries Up 2.3% to $41,701 for Class of 2011January 04, 2012 by Steven Rothberg
The overall average salary for Class of 2011 graduates is up to $41,701, which is 2.3 percent higher than the Class of 2010 average of $40,766, according to results of the Winter 2012 Salary Survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
In addition to the increase in overall average salary for the class, the average salaries have increased across the board for individual disciplines, as well. Computer science graduates have seen the biggest increase in average salary over 2010—4.1 percent to $60,594.
Average Salaries by Discipline
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Starting Salaries Jump for 2011 Grads: First Increase Since 2008
- Salary Offers Increase 6 percent for Class of 2011 to $51,171
- Average Salary Offer to College Class of 2011 Rockets Up 4.8%
- Technical Disciplines Command Highest Salaries Among College Class of 2008
- Starting Salaries for 2006-07 College Grads