Federal Student Loan ConsolidationApril 02, 2007 by Shawn Augustson
There are many benefits to a student loan consolidation.
• Reduces your monthly payment up to 60%
• Locks in your interest rates- protecting you from future increases.
• Simplifies your finances by having to make only one payment each month.
• Improves your credit rating.
• Provides flexible payment options.
• No prepayment penalties
In addition competing consolidation lenders offer repayment incentives which will save you money.
Who is eligible for student loan consolidation?
There are very few requirements to qualify for federal student loan consolidation. The following requirements are the basis for eligibility:
• You must have more than $10,000 in outstanding federal student loans.
• You must be finished with school or taking less than 6 credit hours and attending classes.
• You can not consolidate any defaulted federal student loans until they have been repaired.
In addition, consolidation loans are easy to get.
• You do not need to be employed.
• You do not need to have any form of collateral.
• You do not need a cosigner.
• You do not need to have good credit.
Even Parent PLUS loans can be consolidated! You can combine the loans for all of your children into one easy payment.
Speak to a knowledgeable loan counselor today and find out if consolidation is right for you.
About the Author:
Federal Education Services is a company that specializes in federal student loan consolidation, Stafford loan origination, PLUS and Graduate PLUS loan origination and as a resource for students with questions regarding educational financing. For any questions regarding this article please contact Federal Education Services. A friendly loan specialist can be reached at (877) 222-4727 or you can find us on the web at www.feded.net.
Source: Submit Articles at ArticlesBase.com
Powered by Facebook Comments